Saturday, March 19, 2005

Jim Henley on Alan 'Fingernail' Dershowitz: "The absolute gob-stopper, as I think they say on his side of the pond, is this quote from Alan Dershowitz:

"'When you torture somebody to death … everybody would acknowledge that’s torture. But placing a sterilized needle under somebody’s fingernails for fifteen minutes, causing excruciating pain but no permanent physical damage - is that torture?'

"Let me respond as clearly and calmly as I can to this one. Let me, as it were, be the kind of blogger my dog thinks I am.

"OF COURSE IT’S TORTURE YOU STUPID SON OF A BITCH!"

The 'fingernail' technique was, IIRC, favoured by the Gestapo. Must have been where ol' Fingernail got the idea.

Dershowitz was nailed a long time ago by Chomsky (Fateful Triangle, 83, I think - check source). Chommers remarked something like he was 'the first Western intellectual since WW11 to publicly advocate the use of torture as a method of administration.' Look how far we've come... When people say shit - especially evil, Nazi shit - never make the mistake of failing to notice.

No comments: